Wednesday 5 June 2013

Review: MAC Myth Satin Lipstick Review + Swatches

Hey guys!

In this post I will be reviewing one of MAC's classic lipsticks called Myth! This lipstick kept making appearances in youtube tutorials and I have heard a lot about this lipstick so of course, I had to order one! 

Pictures:



Ok so on the MAC Website the lipstick is described as a "Light Neutral Nude" and when looking at pictures on google it does look like a light neutral nude but when looking at the top left picture it does look a lot darker. This may be due to the lighting in the room but when I tried it on for the first time I was in love with the colour! I had my doubts at first because the colour appeared so light!! Because my lips are quite dark anyway and my skin is naturally quite tanned it didn't wash me out which was my main worry. Overall I would say that this lipstick is more of a light peachy colour than a light neutral nude.

TIP: Try putting some lip balm underneath the lipstick with a small amount of concealer to    get the true colour of this stick!

I was glad when I found out that this lipstick had a satin finish because my lips are naturally very dry so I didn't want this to dry them out even more! Due to its creamy consistency, my lips didn't feel dry after hours of having this lipstick on which I thought was one of the best things about this product! Usually if I was buying MAC matte lipsticks I would add some lip balm before applying the lipstick because it dries your lips sooo much!! The satin finish to me is a mixture between a cremesheen and a matte lipstick, its not as dry as a matte lipstick. 
I was amazed at how well this lasted on me! This lipstick stays put for a good 4 to 6 hours which is perfect if you're going out :-) The only downfall to this product is that it can be a risky choice of lipstick for some people, especially those with a light skin tone! I will be creating a post on how to make nude lipsticks work in the future so keep your eye out for that!!
This lipstick costs £14.00 and can be bought on the MAC Website, Selfridges, eBay and many other shops! Personally i think that this lipstick is worth the money because its cheap, works with my skin tone, good formula and its one of those lipsticks you can just quickly put on and it will go with every outfit! Howeverrr, with that been said I think MAC have brought out nicer lipstick shades than myth.

Pigmentation: 9/10
Texture: 7.5/10
Price: 7/10
Product: 9/10
Overall Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment